From:
Marta -Cricket <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 1998 17:01:10 PST
Just a note here.  THere are no ferret shelters any where near my home, so I
have gotten all my babies from the local pet store.  I have read a lot of
posts about these petstores that are very negletful, and have little
knowledge about ferrets.  I guess I am lucky.  The pet store here is
wonderful.  Each time I have gone in, and checked on the babies they have
been happy, and clean.  Very little poop, so I know they clean the cages
every few hours, they have had toys in the cages...which were large, `and
were very careful when they allowed anyone to handle the ferrets.  They
aren't so careful with me anymore because they know I understand how to
handle them and don't get upset if I get a little nip.  Anyhow I went in a
few days ago, and saw that they only had one baby left.  He was 6 months old
(old for a pet store ferret) and he was all alone :( THe pet store workers
have played with him a lot.  I can tell by the way he acts..He still bites,
but that will come with work...I had to bring him home.  He is doing
wonderfully with the other babies.  No fights, they are all playful, but not
mean...only problem is fighting over toys :)