From:
Elwin Bullard II <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Jan 1998 20:04:57 -0600
I managed to tape the National Geo special and watched it later.

I was thoroughly impressed with the scope of the project these photographers
have chosen for themselves.

On another note:

They said that in 1981 we rescued the entire population of BF ferrets (18)
and started the breeding program.

What happens if it fails?  Can't we attempt to intermix the bloodlines
and at least keep the markings?  I realize that true domestication would
take centuries but do we have to give these wonderful creatures to
history if we cannot reestablish them?

Three cheers for Ted Turner.  In his most recent interview he said he was
going to try and reintroduce the BFF to his ranch in New Mexico.

Elwin Bullard
Mike Golobay
Ferrets: Ootz, Possum, Doris, Saffron and eternally Winnie
Sugar gliders: Myra and Myron
http://home1.gte.net/bounty
http://home1.gte.net/bounty/cemetary1.htm