From:
CGarcia737 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jan 1998 12:21:09 EST
Hi all.  It's been quiet "from Behind The Zion Curtain" lately, but I had to
share this with you.

My boys, like most other ferrets, are nosy animals, to say the least.  But
Snowball today just took the prize.  I'm sitting at the computer trying to
record "Ricky Ricardo's" latest experience with "the boys" when I hear some
very strange "ferrety" noises from the kitchen.  It continues on for about
five minutes, so I finally have to go see what they are up to.

When I walk into the kitchen, I don't see anything at first.  Then, when I
go over to the sink, I get a shock.  In the sink I see Snowball, butt up in
the air, head shoved down in the hole IN THE GARBAGE DISPOSAL!  I freak,
grab him, and ask him what the h**l he was trying to do!  (All the while
thinking it was a good thing Luis wasn't cooking and not paying attention
and turned on the disposal instead of the overhead fan as he is wont to do
sometimes.....) I get a very cute ferret face looking at me, soaking wet and
smelling like a garbage disposal, with an expression like "what's up, Mama,
it's neat down there."

God knows what he found so damn interesting since I had just flushed it out
not an hour before.  Any suggestions?

Anyway, on a serious note, please always check your disposals before turning
them on.  It may sound silly, but I certainly wouldn't have expected to find
a ferret with his little head shoved in there up to the shoulders
investigating where that hole went.  Better safe than sorry, I guess.

Catherine, Pato, Snowball (why do they call it a garbage disposal Mama?  It
smells neat and is so DARK!) and Hubert "Behind The Zion Curtain"