From:
Peg Francisco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Jan 1998 20:14:13 -0800
Hi, I'm fairly new to the list and to owning ferrets.  My two girls are
about 4 months old now.  I love to let them out in my ferretproofed living
room, but I worry about them - they love to climb the furniture, but they're
not always too graceful, and take a tumble.  I dont want them to injure
themselves, but they seem not to even notice a fall - like from the arm of
the recliner to the floor, or leaping from the end table to the couch and
missing...This new mom could use some words of advice on how tough these
fur-babies are and how tough I need to get with them.

I let the babies out in my courtyard yesterday for the first time.  I live
in Tucson, and it got up to 75 yesterday!  The woozles loved it!  They dug
and dooked and rolled in the dirt, and shoved piles of dirt around with
their faces!  Things got interesting when they discovered the fishpond.
Freckles decided to see if she could walk on the floating plants (she
couldn't!) and Frolic put her head into the water up to her ears, I guess to
get a better look at the fish!

Sending warmth and fuzzie hugs to all -

Peg - the ferret mom
Freckles - I dug a bunch and nobody yelled!
Frolic - Do they make scuba gear for ferrets?