From:
Date:
Sun, 18 Jan 1998 22:02:12 -0800
>From:    Ferretnews <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Thank You Dayna/Clarification of Calendar Profits

We sure hope some of the various folks in California that are working for
the legalization of ferrets can stop fighting others that should be allies.
We don't believe any one person has any claim to be "in charge".  Or has any
claim to REALLY decide what has and what has not hurt efforts.  When a group
can be reduced to one person be it FA or CFL and their is petty sniping,
then that to can be seen as "a negative for this issue".

Some might argue that sidling up to HSUS is a postive goal while others can
legitimately see it as negative.  The CA F&G is the prime opponent that
somehow needs to be won over.  HSUS is about as opposed to F&G (who deals
with hunting and fishing) as anyone could be.  Seems like its a way to
further entrench the F&G anti-ferret feelings.

Some can see open civil disobedience as positive while others can see it
detrimental.  Rosa Parks was just tired and sat down against the law but it
did have a very important influence on the civil rights movement.  But it
probably created "enemies" of the cause.

If a person can become an enemy of ferrets merely because someone "whacko"
is against ferrets then perhaps their support isn't really all that
important a goal.  We've heard that one should be Republican if one wants to
win legalization for ferrets in California but then the Republican Governor
is said to be strongly against ferrets.

Perhaps it isn't a clear cut issue.  Maybe ferret supporters ought to be
more inclined to support other ferret supporters rather than bother with
petty oneupmanship.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://www.zenferret.com/