From:
JMYSHARONA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jan 1998 12:11:35 EST
I have spoken to Dr. Mellisant Eidson, New York State public health
veterinarian regarding the handling of ferrets involved in bite cases.
Copies of the new recommendations have been sent to all gov. operated
animal control offices (I contacted my local office and they were unaware
of any new recommendations).  Although these copies have been sent, the law
still stands as is: Kill & Test.

Apparently the law will not change until there is a state legislator willing
to sponsor a new bill.  At this time there is no legislator who has come
forward to act as a sponsor.

My suggestion/request is that all NY residents contact thier state
representatives and politely request that He/She become the much needed
sponsor.

SP