From:
dfrazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 1998 19:35:48 -0500
Hi Everybody..

this is a Mittsy update..  Mittsy is my little fellow that has near zero
auto immune system and has had only a few short spells of wellness in his 1
1/2 yrs of life..  I have had him on Digoxin for his heart and Lasix for his
ever enlarging abdomen full of fluid from a malfunctioning heart..  He has
developed Cardiomyopathy you see..  yes we took x-rays and ran the blood
panels and consulted with Dr. Williams by phone..  and the outlook was very
grim..  even with draining the abdomen [a chancy procedure at best cause of
the stress to the already failing system] he only had a few weeks and not
very pleasant ones.

Well, as is my habit..  I said to myself..  'self..if that's all the Pro's
can offer..  then it's time to find a better answer if we can.' I am not
saying the vets didn't give it their best..  just that even doing all the
nasty stuff [ he would have hated being put under and tummy stuck ..  if he
survived it] he didn't have long..  so I sorta decided to look for another
answer..

And another answer we have begun to develop..  NO..  he is not all better..
But he is more comfortable..  and he can trot around and be his curious self
again..  He still has a tough time fitting in his ski cap..  but they don't
make them in size 4X for huge cardiomyopathy tummys..yet!  :) Thanks to the
wonderful Expertise of GARY HOLOWICKI who sent on the herbs immediately to
me by next day air directly from the store he gets them from..  I could
blend the herb mixture in time and start giving it to Mittsy..  within an
hour he was on his little feets and being his adorable self..  he is still a
walking boneyard with fur and a huge tummy full of fluid..  but if I lost my
precious little boy this very night I would know he was feeling much better
when he left me..

this morning I was terribly worried about him..  He seemed to be hanging on
by a thread..  weak and having a tough time breathing and very low in
spirits..  Every night I went to bed praying he would make it thru another
night and every morning he was still with me was a miracle..  but this
morning I could see he was losing his fight to stay..  then the UPS guy
arrived with that precious box from GARY..  and it's been good and better
from then on to this evening..  Mittsy has taken over 90 cc's of goo with
powdered liver in it for his anemia in three feedings of 30+ cc's each today
alone..  and takes over 50 cc's of water each goo feeding [a little goo a
drink of water..more goo and repeat] ... He is hungry and thirsty and more
active than in weeks..

His smile is back and altho he tires in minutes he is feeling MUCH BETTER!!
And that is a miracle all by itself..

So that's two for GARY and we are more grateful than we can say..  Our
little Insulinoma girl is back to her bouncy self as well..  Mittsy and
Cin-Cin thank GARY from the bottom of their little raisin loving hearts..

And so do I!  Our thanks to everyone who has written and sent prayers for
Mittsy and Cin-Cin..  please keep them in your thoughts a prayers a while
longer.. they aren't out of the woods yet..  but thanks to GARY they have a
shot at getting better.. And that's a lot more than they had a few days ago..

Cin-Cin was a sudden onset advanced Insulinoma ferret..  she is having NO
low blood sugar incindents now and has picked up weight and her bounce is
back..

God loves these little ferret critters... and we do too!

dayna and the woozles of the MMOMM rescue/shelter

[Little Rocky.. we Love you and we Miss you.. ]