From:
Ronnie DiComo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Jan 1998 23:56:22 -0500
What happened in Calif is an example of state gov't whose power has gotten
totally out of hand.  Calif is SUPPOSED to have a democratic form of gov't,
but clearly they don't.  You don't execute someone's pet for poor judgment;
the gov't of Calif is tyrannical.  They were making an example of Pat Wright
for all his work on ferret legalization.  I hope people will not get caught
up in blaming Pat or any other Calif ferret owners.  That anger MUST be
directed at those who deserve it -- Pete Wilson, Calif F & G and the state
health dep't.

I think it is time to get everyone involved -- cat and dog owners, other
large animal organizations--and to use internet to its fullest.  Calif
ferrets and owners need all the help they can get.  I hope the Calif folks
will let the non- Calif people know what strategy will be most helpful
without hurting the cause.

--Ronnie