From:
"Cher R. Clarke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jan 1998 21:50:58 -0600
All my ferret buddies have soft coats.  Hermann's is exceptional, but
Rikki's is a close second.  The baby's coat is downy soft; even the other
ferrets like to stroke him.  Rizzo's guard hairs seem a bit thicker and more
bristly, so his is the least soft.

So here's the rub: (^: Is a soft coat "healthy" or do we tell ourselves it
is, because we like it?  Medically, clinically, is a silky or shiney coat
advantageous for the ferret?  Do they care?  Is it an indicator of health?

What's in certain foods and formulas that "improves coat," and is that
substance otherwise healthy?

Cher