From:
blaraway <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jan 1998 13:58:12 -0500
My first two ferrets Sebastian and Mako used to love road trips.  We went
from central Florida to Mass three times.  We also did alot of around town
trips.  All I had to do was put the travel cage down and say go for a ride.
They would be in the cage waiting.

On long trips while on the highway I would let them have free roam of the
car.  I ferret proofed it.  I do NOT recommend this and never would do it on
around town trips.  Please no flames.  I do not do this with my ferrets now.
I don't trust them in the car.  Mako and Sebastian were exceptionaly well
behaved ferrets and would do what I told them.  Maybe it's because I got
them as kits and trained them form day one.  All my other ferrets have come
from the shelter.  Pluss several people on this list got into realy bad
accidents and while being transported to the hospital realized that their
ferrets were not caged and may be missing.  I believe everything ended up
okay, but why should you have to worry about your ferrets when your hert and
stuck in an ambulance.  Also ALWAYS REMEMBER on hot days don't leave your
ferrets alone in the car they can die from the heat quite quickly.  Even
when parked in the shade.

I realy want another set of kits and start them off on the right foot.
Unfortunately this won't happen till the day there are no more ferrets in
the shelter that need a home.  I don't fore see this happening.  :-( :-(

Take care all and see some of you soon.

 Brad, Donna, Taz the spaz, and Marie.

 Have you ever danced with a ferret under the light of a full moon? I have.