From:
"Newell, Tim" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jan 1998 13:50:00 -0500
Hello All

I am a long time reader and poster of the FML but do not get time of late to
do either.  The reason I am posting now is to give good news about what I
thought was going to be bad.  My sisters Ferret Honey is about 5 ( about the
time tumors do tend to show up in our little fuzzies) she became very
lethargic and was not putting any weight on her right front leg.  My sister
took her to DR.  Lutz in Nashville, TN and he looked her over and found a
lot of lumps this scared us all because we thought it could be cancer.  Dr.
Lutz thought one of them which was close to the leg was pushing on a nerve.
He sent Honey home with some antibiotics just in case it was some kind of
infection.  They went back today for a checkup and x_ray.  she was not
lethargic the lumps look to have shrunk the vet thought so also.  She was
also using the leg again.  He did x_ray her and I do not know the term but
test the lumps through the skin kind of like lancing it.  His determination
is that they are lumps of fatty tissue.  Honey will be coming home today and
will be staying on antibiotics.  Honey early last year blew all her fur
around the tail area and then grew it all back so she likes to scare us.

        Tim and the gang