From:
Lisa Carswell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jan 1998 19:42:01 -0500
Hi, all!

I'm back at Notre Dame after my winter break and I'm trying desperately to
get caught up on the email that accumulated during the three weeks I was
gone.  I'm still a good way from being done, but I'm hoping I can get caught
up before the classwork starts piling up.

It was great to get back to Georgia to see my babies again!  Zorro and
Claudia were so happy to see their Mommy...Zorro gave me zillions of ferret
kisses and even my stand-offish Claudia consented to sit still in my lap for
almost half an hour for some cuddling.  And we got a very special Christmas
present from my dad...a new little boy!  He's an absolutely adorable 11-week
old with a spunky personality.  He's always getting into mischief, a trait
that earned him the name Loki.  Zorro and Claudia accepted him immediately,
although Claudia sometimes gets annoyed with Loki's nippiness.  Having
another baby to miss made it harder to leave when it was time to return to
South Bend, though. :(   I'm planning to look into volunteering at local
animal shelters in order to get my "pet fix" while I'm stuck in university
housing, though.