From:
James Buckle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jan 1998 15:21:21 -0000
Hi, I've been worrying about the size of one of my 2 ferrets.  I have an
Albino (Kiki) and a polecat-type (Bucksie), Kiki weighs 790g and Bucksie
1050g.  Is this a normal difference, considering Kiki is 3'n' a bit years
and Bucksie is 6 months.  Kiki looks scrawny and her fur is not as nice as
it used to be, it looks tufty and a bit dull.  Bucks has a lovely fluffy
thick coat.  I'm beginning to think that one is ill, although there are no
symptoms that I have noticed.

What can I do to improve here size, she has lost a fair bit of weight from
her younger days, but she certainly couldn't be classed as geriatric!

Kiki eats a mixture of cat, kitten and ferret food, as she will not eat
anything else, she would rather starve.  Bucks eats ferret food alone.  Will
this make a difference.

Also, Kiki drinks a hell of a lot, when she come into the house I have to
leave her in the bath (with the plug out) for at least 5 minutes with the
tap running, and her continuously drinking.  When she comes out she feels
like a sack of water.  I have checked her water bottle and it flows fine.
Could this indicate a problem, if so what, and what do I do about it?

Thanks for any help you can give,

James Buckle
e-mail:
()~~()