From:
James Buckle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jan 1998 15:51:45 -0000
Hi, I have written to you before about this problem and have had many
suggestions back from helpful subscribers, but the problemo persists.My two
ferrets, Kiki (3.5 Years 750g) and Bucksie(6 Months 1Kg).

When we got Bucks, about 4 months ago, we tried to introduce her to Kiki,
using all of the tactics I could find on the Web and here.  Every time we
introduce them, if we do not have a very tight hold, Kiki lunges for Bucks'
throat and repeatedly bites deep.  She has drawn blood once and it terrifies
Bucks to death, she shivers and dooks and screams.  After this happening
several times we have suspended our trials.  One thing I have noticed is
that Kiki acts almost the same way with the cats.  At first she slides up to
them on the floor, hissing and closing her eyes, then without warning or
provokation she dives for their necks, hanging on until the cat sends her
flying.  (By the way, I don't let them do this normally, it's only if they
escape and find each other.)

What can I do?  Is it possible that the animals just aren't compatible at
all?  It seems only to be Kiki with the attitude problem, although she is
the gentler of the two with me!  Could it be a jelously problem?  I've heard
this can cause troubles like this?

Please help, I'm almost sick of trying and it is a pain in the backside
having to get them out separately for a run in the house.