From:
Sheila Crompton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 1998 13:51:53 -0000
My deepest sympathy go to Rocky's owner.  My God just what is the State of
California playing at!!!!  Are all the administrators of the State
completely barking mad - they are crazier than rabid animals.  Ferrets have
been domesticated for thousands of years.  Ferrets were probably introduced
into Virginia in 1607 when we first colonised it and probably The Pilgrim
Fathers took some with them.

My sympathy goes to anyone who has to live in a State that is Governed by
such narrow minded, blind bigots.

This Pete Wilson guy - I take it has to be voted into office, I trust that
he will be voted out at the next polling day.  IMO the main dangers in
California are Pete Wilson and the F&G, don't they realise that the rest of
the world (except Queensland) is laughing at them.  They have proved to us
that they haven't got a single brain cell to share between 'em!

I would rather tackle a ferret than a large dog, a ferret could just bit and
hang on but it won't maul me or kill me!

The President of the N.F.W.S. has just sent me an article that he written
for our next Newsletter on the topic of ferrets in America.  He writes about
the Massachusetts Colonial Navy which was raised in December 1775.  Part of
its official proclamation states:-

"This animal is one of man's best friends and is totally fearless.  They
were in great demand aboard ships of The Colonial Navy, and fortunate indeed
were the crews who had a ferret for a mascot and friend."

He also mentions California - however, we are going to have to watch our
Labour Government in UK they are hostile to the countryside and country
pursuits and it could bode an ill-wind for ferreting and the ferret.

Sheila

Bolton Ferret Welfare
National Ferret Welfare Society Newsletter Editor
http://www.btinternet.com/~sheila/ferrets.htm (Last Update 4 Jan 1998)