From:
Sheila Crompton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jan 1998 10:20:46 -0000
>Steph wrote:
>I was just wondering what everyone uses to block the doors of the rooms
>that the ferrets are in.

I use a piece of 1/8" plywood 2' high and cut to the same width as the door
frame.  1/4" x 1" strips of wood are tacked to the door frame forming a
slide that the plywood can be dropped into.  Strips of wood are also glued
and nailed to the top and bottom of the ply to stiffen it.  I can step over
the ply without too much bother and out of 50 ferrets only one has been able
to scramble over the barrier.  A carpet tube cut lengthways and placed over
the top of the barrier should stop any escapes.  You could even use perspex
instead of the ply.

Sheila

Bolton Ferret Welfare
National Ferret Welfare Society Newsletter Editor
http://www.btinternet.com/~sheila/ferrets.htm (Last Update 12 Dec 1997)