From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jan 1998 23:25:48 EST
I noticed in the last few FMLs there were posts about ferrets and people
with surpressed immune systems, so I just wanted to add my experience

I have had 4 different types of cancer each leaving my immune system in
worse condition, I was told by my doctor to avoid contact with babies and
small children (no complaints from me on that!  I guess they are to germy)
after hearing that I asked about pets I told her about the cats and fuzzies
and she told me to let hubby take care of the cats litterboxes (agian no
complaints about that) but that as far as the ferrets go there was nothing
to worry about except that if I did get a cold that I was to avoid the
ferrets because they could get the cold from me and then I would end up with
it again and she did not want that.  So this tells me that ferrets are fine
for people with bad immune systems as long as you don't give your ferret a
cold that is - but what a bummer I don't get out of doing the ferrets
litterboxes!!

[FA]