From:
"Bostrom, Michael A" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Oct 1997 11:52:01 -0700
Howdy folks,

I haven't posted in while, I been busy.  I would like to introduce the
newest member of the Weezils of Doom: Murphy.  Actually, he's only an
honorary member.  I'm fostering him for a local rescue, so he's not a
permanent resident.  His name comes from Murphy's Law of Ferrets: Anything
they can get into, they will get into.  I picked him up from the animal
control place.  He was flea infested and a little skittish.  I took care of
the fleas right away(good ol' Advantage) and now that he's settled in he's
not skittish anymore.  He's actually a pretty amazing ferret.  He's
graceful.  When my other weezils jump up and onto things, they basically
just take a flying leap and hope like hell they land where they want.  When
Murphy jumps, it looks like he actually meant to do it.  He can jump off the
couch without his backend flopping over on top of him.  He also attacks
toes, but he does it nicely.  I'll be walking along, and all of a sudden he
will dart out with amazing speed and latch his teeth into my feet.  But it's
a real gentle latching-on, hardly makes a dent in the skin.  Then he lets
go, looks up at me and takes off.  It's like he's saying "Tag, You're It".
I tried introducing him to my ferrets but Insanity is such a butthead.  He
has to do the dominance thing and he's pretty rough about it.  It normally
wouldn't be a problem, I would just let them work it out on their own.  But
Murphy screams so loud when Insanity attacks him.  I was worried the
neighbors in my apartment complex would call the cops cuz they thought I was
murdering someone.  Oh well, maybe it's better this way.  If I did put
Murphy in with my weezils he would become MY weezil and not a foster.  Of
course, what's one more weezil..........

Mikey B & the Weezils Of Doom

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."