From:
Dawn Roeglin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Nov 1997 11:15:34 -0600
I mentioned my 8 yr f/s Emma before.  When we are cuddling, she will start
to lick my hand, then she becomes a wrist shark.  Someone suggested that I
get her looked at by a vet.  So I brought her to school, and my program
director, (the head vet.  at the Madison Wi Vet Tech school, Dr. CC Sheldon)
looked her over.  She has advanced cataracts in both eyes and is completely
blind.  (I could have told you that from the way she would walk into walls!)
Her hearing is going.  But nothing was abnormally wrong.  So I tried to
correct this, thinking it was a bad habit.  I did time outs and the bitter
apple thing, and spanking her, GENTLY, when she would latch on.  It is not
like she is biting out of malice.  More like she is hungry.  She stops if I
put food in my hand for her to eat.  I know that she is eating in her cage
with the others because I watch them eat.  (I have one that doesn't always
chew her food, and needs a pat on the back now and again.) She doesn't
attack any of the others, so it's not really aggresion.  She used to be my
cuddly one, but now... Does any one have any more suggestions?  I won't give
her up.  If I have to, I'll just not touch her, the poor dear.

And another thing, Nanook, my 6 yr f/s ferret is going bald on the tip of
her tail.  Omar, may he dook in Rainbow Bridge, was adrinal and lost the
hair at the base of the tail.  Is she just being weird, or something else?

Dawn and the fuzzbuts

Emma:  H is for hands, that's good enough for me!
Nanook:  Mom, can I get Rogain?
Zuet:  Hey, if I bite this big black thing, it makes a cool noise!
Mariposa:  Now where did I put the dog's Kong?
Farfalla:  Why can't I steal the phone cord?
Timber:  I'm just a dog living in captivity, and they won't let me drive
late at night.  And would you make those things you have leave me alone?