From:
Anne Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 1997 07:19:01 -0500
Have to partially disagree with the Killians about hobs in rut being
TeddyBears towards people.  I currently have four of the aforementioned in
the house.  Two are sweet as can be towards me.  One has become very
territorial of his cage- I can not put my hand in to take out littler pan,
feed him, etc.  without him being aggressive and snapping at me or nipping
me.  He is generally fine outside of the cage though.  One of the other hobs
is very nippy towards me.  He grabs onto me and tries to drag me along as if
I were his Jill, and gets very upset if I do not go.

I do agree that leaving them intact is quite stressful on them.  I am
nuetering one of these, vasectimizing one, and will continue to stud one for
another year or so.  The last of the four does not belong to me, however I
believe his owner plans on nuetering him in the near future.

-Anne