From:
Karen Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 1997 15:53:44 -0400
Hi, my name is Karen Johnson, and I just joined the list yesterday, but I
have a big problem that has cropped up in the last few days....

My ferret's names are Cricket (1 year old silver mitt) and Bina (13 week
albino), both female.  When we got Bina about a month ago, she litter
trained really easily and Cricket seemed to love her and they played
together really well, so everything was fine, right?  wrong.  (btw, we
means me and my apartment-mate, Jen Crider)

Bina seems to not be able to tell the difference between her poop and
Cricket's (or not care) and will use the same corner that Cricket does after
Cricket has gone there.  This was fine, them both using the same corner of
the pan (Cricket didn't seem to mind either) until about a week ago.  All of
a sudden, Cricket seems to resent not being able to have her own corner, and
one morning Jen and I woke up to discover little piles of poop in EVERY
corner of their 3-story wire cage...yuck.  When we let them out of the cage
to clean the mess, Cricket ran over to a corner of the living room and used
the corner...something she had learned not to do when we first got her.  I
being a psychology major, I put 2 and 2 together and figured probably
Cricket is refusing to use a corner Bina has used, and Bina doesn't care and
poops on top of all of Cricket's new corners, and therefore, Cricket is
trying to use up all of the corners of the cage and house or something.
Anyway, now we have put towels in every corner of the cage except the litter
pan and we're keeping Cricket in there until she shows signs of re-learning
her training, but i'm afraid it's not going to work, and we have a real
problem on our hands...there are 4 acceptable corners in the pan, why aren't
they picking their own corners?  Please Help!

Karen Johnson
Charlottesville, Virginia