From:
Dick Bossart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Oct 1997 16:06:23 -0400
>So I took Ona to the vet.  We noticed she looked like she was loosing
>weight, her poop was a greenish brown, and she started walking a little
>weird.  The vet said since the last time we were there for shots, she's
>only lost 3 oz. and she has a fever of 103.<

Normal body temperature for a ferret is between 100 and 104 F.  A
temperature of 103 is not that unusual.  I'm surprised that the vet would
prescribe a "strong antibiotic" in that case unless there were some other
observations.  I don't want to second guess your vet - I'm not one, and
haven't even seen Ona, but is you vet ferret knowledgeable?  Maybe a second
opinion might be in order.

Dick B.