From:
alphachi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Sep 1997 16:40:45 -0400
The park:
Whilst feeding some raccoons in a local park today, a passer-by exclaimed
"Hey, they look like ferrets!".  Funny, I always thought ferrets looked like
raccoons....

Deja:
Deja is continuing to improve.  We have gradually increased the percentage
of Totally Ferret and have added a teaspoon of Nutri-cal to her daily diet
of Science Diet Growth and Bil-Jac (a kitten chow using all meat protein and
no freeze dried ingredients).  Her level of activity has improved markedly,
and China riles her up enough to even dook it out.  The lump of fat by her
stomach was nothing other than just fat, never-the-less she seems to be much
more comfortable and hungry without it.  A word of warning, this fat lump
only appeared in one out of four x-rays of the same area and perspective....

>side bar: Pepto Bismo is "radio opaque" and can really make for some wierd
 x-rays.

Litter tests:
Independent laboratory tests (mine) showed the absorbency of a compressed
recycled newspaper pellet litter to be significantly slower and less
absorbent by volume when compared to a compressed pine pellet litter over a
24 hour period when using plain water (sorry, I couldn't get any of my
ferrets to pee in the jar).

>side bar: Elitist Latin cliche for the day:
"de asini umbra disceptare"

best wishes,
until next time,
alphachi