From:
Sue Rekas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Sep 1997 15:17:49 -0400
Hi all, i've been out for a while, and i am just catching up on my FML.
Anyway, i took Floatzom and Jetsom to the vet last week, and they got their
distemper shots.  well, Jetsom was fine, just a little nervous.  But after i
got 15 minutes down the road, Floatzom started making funny noises.  I
pulled over and he vomited everywhere!  My heart began pounding!!!  I turned
around and went right back to the vets.  After the vomit came diahreha.  The
Dr. said that i should leave him there and come back in an hour.  I agreed,
and left a very upset ferret owner.  One hour later i came back and the
doctor brought me into the examination room.  He had started having ECE
symptoms (he was dripping bloody, mucousy stuff which i am assuming was very
thin dihreha).  I was advised to leave him there over night, so i did.  The
next day he was perfectly fine!  A little lethargic, but that's it!  Has
anyone ever seen anything like this before?  I anyone has, I would be very
grateful for any help... could it just have been a reaction to the
distemper?  Thanks...

Sue
Floatzom&Jetsom