From:
"Staples, Charles" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Oct 1997 13:07:08 -0400
Hello all:

Just thought I'd drop a quick note to let everyone in on various newsy items.

First (and most important, but only marginally ferret related)
Amy, Alex and I are proud to announce the arrival of the newest little
weasel!

Oh, wait, this one's human...
 << Jason Scott Staples >>, 6lb 9.5oz, born 29 September 97 at 14:58.
All human family members are home, healthy, and well-adjusted.  (HAH!)
Yes, it's ferret related - because our poor little furbabies have been
SOO bored while we're taking care of this baby stuff!

Okay, ferret news...
We recently welcomed the latest fuzzie - a cute little blonde girl who we've
named "Meg" (and she LOOKS Irish!) Her previous name - Rat-girl (I kid you
not) - just didn't suit her.  She is an adoptee from a co-worker of mine,
who needed to find a home for her due to various house issues.  A bit on the
low-tone side when she arrived, she has taken to her new diet with gusto and
has developed some nicely defined muscles.  Some of these could be from her
wrestling with her new cagemates, especially Ty, who's been hauling Meg's
fuzzy little butt around the house with regularity.  No, she's not
thrilled... her last playmate was a 6+ year old ferret slash house-ornament,
so she didn't get nearly as much physical interaction.  But, she's a cutie -
little stubby legs, can't quite jump onto the couch yet.  Unfortunately,
raisins give her the runs...

This gives us a grand total of three fuzzbutts.  Using my latest new PC toy
(an ATI-TV card), I've been able to digitize a few pictures of the critters;
for anyone interested, the URL is:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/6925/FGALLERY.HTM
More coming soon - I need to grab some photos off of the camcorder tapes
first...

A not-so-little box arrived on my doorstep on Saturday - The "Wild and Free"
Collection Black Foot Ferret sets!  (From the Smithsonian Institution's
Soundprints catalog/website, as previously mentioned by some wonderful
soul.) Their website - http://www.soundprints.com/ - should be back up on
October 10th, they say...

These little gems are as cool as advertised - currently (still?) on sale for
$19.99, the set consists of 1 stuffed Black Foot Ferret toy (approximately
14" high and 20" long (dimensions from memory, sorry) with brown fur, black
and pink feet - nice quality) and a nicely-packaged audio tape / book combo
(book is smallish, say 6" x 10", but hardcover.  This is really a cool set
for 20 bucks; I bought two - one for each kid!  Give Soundprints a call at
(800) 228-7839.  Maybe they're still on sale.  If anyone would like to see a
picture, please email me and I'll send a small GIF or JPG file.

And lastly, just received the software I bid on from Ferret Auction 3 -
a copy of Acrobat 3.0.  Cool.  Thanks, Eden!

Chuck & Amy Staples, with Alex and Jason (the kids!), Cam and Janney
        (the cats)
and the Creatures of Havoc:
== Drew - "Oh, good, a play mate!  Oh, wait, raisins..."
== Ty - "Oh, good, a throw rug!  Oh, wait, raisins to take from Drew..."
== Meg - "Leave me alone!  I'm cute!  HEY!  Where's MY raisin?"