From:
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 1997 20:36:32 -0700
>From:    Josef Bjornberg <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: New to FML

>we decided to name him.... Elvis

Strange coincidence time... We just had a litter with the sire being "Fat
Elvis the Las Vegas Years" and the mother a jill named Sig who happens to
come from Sweden... Lars who responded was our source for Sig.

>From:    Michelle Bloodworth <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: when to neuter?
>We just took my 3 1/5 month old male ferret, Nikko, to the vet and he
>weighed 3.25 lbs.  The vet said that at his current rate of growth that he
>would be over 6 lbs when full grown if we don't have him neutered soon. H

Your vet is nuts... Well about the smell part anyway.  Six pounds isn't too
big for a ferret.  Elvis mentioned above was 7 pounds at 7 months.  They
shrink down again after that.  Especially if you keep them whole to go into
rut.

The little girls can end up whumping up on the boys that outweigh them even
by that much.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://www.zenferret.com/