From:
"Mary L. McCarty" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Aug 1997 11:52:56 -0400
I am feeling really left out right now.  I have sniffed and sniffed and
sniffed and my babies' tails just do not smell like grape soda, rootbeer,
nachos, bacon, absolutely nothing but ferret!  Not a bad smell (you have to
put your nose right in the fur to get any smell), but nothing like anyone
else's.  Of course, it could just be my nose is defective, maybe I'll have
to start polling all my visitors to get a good consensus - I'll let you know!

As far as the hit and miss:

All my guys are 100% in their cages, always have been.  We just moved into a
house and they now have their own 9 X 13 room to run in 24/7 so the hit rate
has gone down a bit (95%), but it's much better than it used to be in our
apartment and they only had run time in the evenings for about 3 - 5 hours.
Two were less than 30%, while the other three were about 60%, even though I
had litterboxes strategically placed.  Let just say that I spent alot of
time in the pooper scooper position!

I have 4 males and 1 female - I have to say the female was the easiest to
littertrain - she never once tried to play in it and seemed to know right
off the bat what it was for (even though the petstore she was in did not
have a litterbox, just wood shavings and they would poop in the corner).
What a smart kid, mom is so proud of you ;-)

My boys only wanted to play in the litter (sometimes they still do), so it
took me three years to get them to use it without flinging it all over the
place - I don't know what finally made them decide to use it, I guess
perseverance on my part won out in the end (yeah, right).

Hugs and kisses to all the fuzzies!

Mary and the gang....

Fatso, Skinny, Maggie, Sweet Pea & foster ferret, Spigot (what a loverboy!)

In remembrance of Bear, gone to the Rainbow Bridge on June 28 1997