From:
Date:
Sat, 30 Aug 1997 21:59:21 -0700
Dayna "Foggy's Mom" is now getting ready to move into her new digs here in
Virginia.  She busy setting up the place as I write.  We've got a lot of
work ahead of us but now she will have plenty of room and privacy to
continue her tests on adrenal problems.

She has asked me to see if anyone knows a source for "a ferret cubby".  This
is a cloth "ball" with entrance hole small enough to retain heat but not so
small as to trap a ferret.  We've got a couple but got them so long ago we
don't remember where we got them.  These are sturdy cloth and have a fake
fur lining.  These are great for warming ferrets!

Dayna believes that keeping these often furless adrenal patients need to
absolutely be comfortable to reduce stress caused by being too cool.

Dayna would like too know if anyone knows a source for these cubby sacks.
Or if anyone would be willing for her to send funds to purchase materials
and pay for the labor do sewing to produce this very needed item.  We will
provide mention on both Dayna and our websites if they would like credit and
advertising for the provider.

Good old Dayna wants everything absolutely just perfect for the ferrets
<grin> She's got us playing with the lights, and giving them music.  Luckily
we think her taste in music is just fine.  Diane is more into the classic
rock but the rest of us are playing more modern rock.  The ferrets don't
seem to like the Beach Boys though... <grin>

>From:    Pam Grant and STAR* Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: concerning bites
>Does anyone know exactly what is bred to what to GET an Angora?  What "wild"
>animal cross are they making

An angora ferret is a pure domestic ferret.  Just ferrets, nothing else.
You might ask the Swedish breeders that breed them, this is what they've
told us.

A DIFFERENT topic to partially answer another part of Pam's question...

Polecats have been crossbred with ferrets but no other animal has been known
to successfully breed with ferrets.  This is normally done to bring hunting
instincts back into working ferrets.  As far as we know this is done only in
England.  After a couple generations removed from the wild and with very
careful consideration of breeding partners these become good ferrets.  This
has been discussed here before - George Parker for example does an excellent
job of doing this exceedingly well.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://www.zenferret.com/