From:
Highlander <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Aug 1997 02:48:02 -0600
Hello all, I have been lurking here for quite awhile now.  Just recently
figured out how to post on here (no laughing, i can't be the only `pooter
illiterate on here!).  I would like to intruduce myself and my ferts: My
name is Marie and my ferts are Raskal (a male sable), Stella--think Street
Car Named Desire--(a female badger--no i didn't know they were the most
hyper when i bought her), Chantilly--as in The Big Bopper (a femle sable),
and Gwen (a female silver mit).  We all reside in Las Cruces, New Mexico
(for those of you in the east, it IS in the U.S.A!!!)

I must admit that our first fert (Raskal) was a impulse buy--didn't have a
clue what we were getting into!!!  Sooo glad for FML.  We started out with
the idea that Raskal would never leave his cage with out a leash, then went
to him having only one room, needless to say he, and the rest, now have
total control of the house!!!

Don't want to start out on a negitive note, but we have a situation with a
pet store here in town...they have three LARGE ferts in a wooden crate with
four inch sides with a wire grate over the top.  Our local animal activest
has been notified as has the animal control (the activist assured me that if
they go to animal control they will NOT be put down or "tested" for rabies)
I don;t know if it is allright to list the name of the store (or if there
are other Las Crucesns on the list) but here is the name: R&G Pets (formaly
Rachels pets--she is NOT involved) located on lohman.  If anyone is here I
would suggest going in and raising hell--we have (the store has already been
busted for poor animal conditions and having a baby cobra--illegal--in the
store.

Sorry if this is getting too long, just one more thing--a few days ago
someone posted saying they had a hedgi--We recently got one and are having
trouble with her--she only comes out at 3:00 am and isn't at all interested
in any of us (how rude!!) if you have any suggestions please e-mail me!!!!

The past is behind us, the future before us, the present is in between.
The past is not forgotten, the future uncertain, and for the present let
us be at peace.
                                                            jdg.
New Mexico State University.
College of Agriculture and Home Economics.
Dept. of Fishery and Wildlife Sciences.