From:
"Samuel H. Abbe" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Aug 1997 12:50:12 -0400
> arc wrote about Rascal and I'd just like to respond that Noodle is also
>the war dancer who attains the most vertical height during dancing of any
>ferret I've ever seen.  Most people, when I get Noodle worked up for them,
>go, "*blink* Wow."

I think I need to put of warning signs for my Kodo Jr.  "Beware of Leaping
Ferret".  I can just imagine what goes through his mind:

[Person enters room]
Kodo:  [Stops wardancing] O boy! A new human! Range to target 10 ft.
Human: "Whats this?"
Me:    "Thats Kodo the ferret; becareful he jumps."
Kodo:  [Peer cutely an new human] Range to target 6ft.
Human: [Leaning down]  "Hi there little guy"
Me:    "He can jump"
Human: "Awww, he's so cuuuuute."
Kodo:  Range to target 5ft; must look cute. [wag tail]
Human: [Leans down a little father]
Kodo:  Closer, closer, range to target 4ft.
Human: "He likes me; he's wagging his tail." [Leans closer]
Kodo:  Range to target 3ft, target locked.
Kodo:  LAUNCH!
[BONK!]
Human: "Hey! he bonked my nose!"
Kodo:  [Does victory wardance and disappears behind tv]
Me:    "I told you so"

Can't wait till he figures out he can get even better range by launching
himself off of the bookcases.  I'll have to issue helmets and nose
protectors to all guests.  Fortunantly its just a bonk and not a bite /
latch.  He must of learned it from Xena the kitten who leaps 3-4 ft
vertically when surprised or playing.
--
Samuel H. Abbe, [log in to unmask]
Software Engineer, Flight Controls Systems