From:
"Samuel H. Abbe" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Aug 1997 11:18:20 -0400
>Re 3 v.  4 ferrets, I have six, but one is sick.  They do play in pairs, so
>one is always odd-critter-out, but they rotate.  It's not always the same
>one out.  I've observed that three-way wrestling confuses them and is
>therefore avoided.  Think about it: in a heated tumble, how do you know who
>to bite back?  Who did that?

Yes, I can vouch that three-way wrestling confuses ferrets.

Kodo (1st fuzzy) and Kita (2nd fuzzy) are almost identical chocolates, Kujo
(3rd fuzzy) is identical except for white feet.  Kodo and Kita are usually
seen chasing Kujo up and down the hallway.

Whenever Kujo pauses he gets rearended by the duo to form a triple ferret
flying furball.

Its just like the cartoons when Kujo somehow steps out and just sits there
watching Kodo and Kita going at it.  Sometimes he even gets bored and
wanders off before Kodo and Kita suddenly freeze, realizing their intended
target has vanished.

After a half hour of this though they tend to go there separate ways;
Kodo _loves_ the bathtub, Kita harasses the kitten, Kujo is still new so
he's exploring everything...

As far as biting back I don't think they care who they're biting as long as
they're biting something.  Kodo is quite willing to bite me because Kita is
biting him.  Then again, they probably think I'm a big furless ferret ;-)

Sam
--
Samuel H. Abbe, [log in to unmask]
Software Engineer, Flight Controls Systems