From:
Joanne D'Amico <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Aug 1997 18:47:18 -0400
Hi FMLers, ferret math has struck, followed by disaster.  First, I adopted a
"bad biter" whose owner was going to put him to sleep.  He is a gorgeous
male, chocolate with a white bib and the most soulful face I have ever seen.
Well one week later, after some love, treats and time with my 6-pack of
ladies, he is down to an occassional loving nip.  Meanwhile, I rescued two
of the sweetest fuzzbutts from some people who kept them outside in a filthy
cage, no toys, no treats, no shots, etc.  They are underweight but greatful
to be here.  They go to the vet Monday for a check-up and heartworm check,
and in the meantime, they have put a serious dent in a 20 lb.  bag of
Totally Ferret.

My real problem is my #2 baby, Calamity.  She is a MF sable, almost 4 years
old.  She had adrenal surgery a year ago, has been on Lysodren since
October, and just had some radical surgery for a renal tumor which leaves
her unable to hold her urine.  She is a fighter and wants to live and play
so much, that I want to give her every chance.  Any suggestions for diapers,
belly bands, etc.  so that she can have quality time out of the cage?  We
had to rule out a Foley catheter, because I can't be home to empty it every
4 hrs.  Any and all suggestions will be appreciated.  P.S.  If I don't
manage to make myself give up the 2 rescues, ferret math makes that 9
fuzzbutts - how does one know when they have too many?