From:
"marie i. schatz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Jun 1997 23:04:08 -0400
It's late but I had a quick thought that might be good for the newspapers,
letters, faxes etc.  The Michigan Militia looms pretty large in the media
these days what with Timothy McVeigh etc.  I in NO WAY am sympathetic to the
Fremen, Waco's Mich Militia etc.  however the thought did cross my mind that
the seed that gets the people involved in these groups is that the
Government has too much power.  (And I of course had this thought because I
feel so frustrated and powerless).

What is the case with Kodo?  That the Govt, here represented by the Dept of
Public Health et al.  has the power to come in and rip a loved companion
from you despite that all parties involved do not in any way want this,
including the affected "victim".  That despite all common sense and medical
evidence to the contrary they refuse to change laws and abuse their power
with all our tax dollars to prosecute their abuse of power.  Isn't this sort
of frustration that starts people into these groups?  Isn't this the kind of
thing that gives them "ammo" for their the Govt is out of control theories?
Gee - and here in Michigan where this sort of govt insanity is being played
out the Michigan Militia is a pretty large group.  Is this the kind of image
and connection that Michigan wants to portray?

Just a thought for all you letter writers and PR types.
Mary, Boris and Giesela