From:
Howard Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 1997 18:41:39 -0400
Starting today the Independent Voice, which has provided high-quality
journalistic coverage of the ferret scene since 1993, will be made available
online, as an electronic news magazine: the Independent Ferret News Service.
ACME Ferret Co., which publishes the Voice, is offering the IFNS free of
charge delivered to the electronic doorstep (emailbox) of anyone who wishes
to subscribe.  We will bring out a new issue every 4 to 6 weeks on average,
but spot bulletins will also be sent whenever circumstances dictate.

As in the past, we will be offering only original articles - and will
continue to cover the same wide range of subjects as before, including
health tips, medical concerns, sheltering and other humane issues, and of
course legal developments.  Some of you may have received an advance copy of
the first issue, and we welcome comments and additional story ideas from
subscribers.

Featured among other items in the debut issue are articles on how to build
your own ferret first aid kit; a field test of microchipping shelter
ferrets;some thrilling true rescue stories; an update on the distemper
vaccine issue; an interview with CFL's Jeanne Carley on the state of play in
California; and suggestions on how to "ferret out" "asymptomatic" adrenal
problems.  Plus a dash or two of humor.

To subscribe, send email to [log in to unmask] with the message:
"subscribe ferretnewserv".  Or subscribe direct from the Web, at
http://www.acmeferret.com/subscrbe.htm.

On behalf of the staff of Independent Ferret News Service, we wish you good
reading and happy ferreting!

Howard Davis
Editor