From:
Kirk & Gaye Stantis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 1997 00:34:19 -0500
Excuse me, I guess I was under the assumption that I did have 2916+ friends
on the FML!  Every time I have ever shared a frustration, a funny anecdote,
a need, or a worry, I have had nothing but positive support and compassion
from fellow subscribers who have responded with posts to the list or to me
personally.

One thing about our natural family.  We can't choose them and some time they
are a pain in the rump.  They aren't guaranteed to have the same interests
that we do, and they don't always understand.  Why do you think that the
divorce rate is so high, for heaven's sake?!  And even when we can turn to
our biological families and friends for support, that doesn't mean we can't
use a little more from people who share a love that we have.  I sure am glad
that I have 2916+ friends on the FML that I can turn to for advice or
comfort.  We are folks with a common bond, and in my dictionary that does
mean that we are a community.  Why plan an anniversary party if we don't
think we would all feel like pals once we meet face to face?  If I can
manage to scrape together the bucks, I would love to meet my "friends" who
definitely at times DO feel like "family" at a meeting spot in the future.
I would tell everyone how much it means to be able to share the funny and
sad stories you tell me every day.

Yeah, we all most likely have lives that are apart from our ferret interest.
Heck, ferrets aren't my only interest, my hobby is Civil War reenacting, and
I have an entire mega-group of friends through that, too.  We all have our
many support groups!  But it's nice to know that my life is
multi-dimensional and that I have an almost endless bounty of friends
available to me.  All I have to do is click on my keyboard and throw out a
dook!

Gaye & The Weasel Women
Ferret Bueller & Houdini