From:
Catherine Shaffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Mar 1997 10:50:18 -0500
Wow.  Modern Ferret has my web site listed under "Personal Web Pages" in its
Ferrets on the Internet feature article.  Thankyou Modern Ferret people for
your kind words about my writing.  I'm such a pushover I bought the
magazine!  I recognized other FML folks in their "Personal Web Pages"
section: namely Ferret of Borg--owner of one of my all time favorite
signiture tag lines.  "I am Ferret of Borg.  Your socks will be assimilated.
Resistance is futile." I haven't updated that page in an eternity, but this
motivates me to put some more ferret adventures on it.

So far, dog and ferret view each other as potential playmates.  Dog is
developing a sense of humor.  Coincidence?  Will continue updates.

My sympathies go out to all who are losing ferrets, and warm smiles to those
who are discovering the joy of ferrets for the first time, and knowing winks
to those receiving kit initiation bites--keep on with the nip training, it
will work eventually.  We bought a new sofa which goes along with our master
plan of making our family room the most ferret proof room in the world.  It
will be too close to the floor to crawl under, and Brent and I got on our
hands and knees and stuck our fingers down under the cushions until we
nearly got our hands stuck looking for holes and didn't find any.  As a
bonus, we got a special stain-proof lifetime guaranteed coating for the
upholstery that should also be impervious to dog drool (always a
consideration when you have a mastiff).  This sofa will sit on laminate
flooring (the kind in the magazine ads with the sumo wrestler on a pogo
stick) which is dig-proof.  It also happens to be poop-proof, water-bowl
snorkel-proof, poof-proof, dook-proof, and raisin-proof.

Vive la Sapiens!  Long live the skin bozos!  Down with the fur-bozos!  It is
the hour of our victory!

Yeah, right.

-Catherine
and the furbozos "Why does that dog dook so loud?"