From:
Catherine Shaffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 1997 09:32:36 -0500
Bumper Stickers:

Forget World Peace:  Visualize USING YOUR LITTERBOX!
Dole/CHOMP '96
Clinton/SNORE '96
If you're close enough to read this bumper sticker, your wallet may
already be in my car.
Save the Insoles!
Support the FLO!
Have you seen my glasses?
Have Safe Socks

Cute Story: It rained like crazy last night.  Sebastian and Mortimer really
got into it.  Sebastian played like a kit.  Later, I was typing away at my
keyboard.  Suddenly Mortimer appeared at my side, grabbed my hand, and
started dragging it away.  I laughed, petted him, and went back to my work.
He did it again right away.  So I played with him.

14 week vaccination: A vet told me it is necessary because the earlier
vaccinations tend to be washed away by maternal antibodies the kits get from
their mother when they nurse.  This makes sense, since a vaccine is usually
either the killed virus or a vital protein from the virus and injecting it
into a critter triggers his immune system to build up a response.  If that
immune system is currently swamped by borrowed antibodies (which baby
mammals get through their mother's milk) the vaccination won't have much
effect.  I'm sure this varies by ferret, by age of weaning, and etc.

-Catherine