From:
Jessica Woodward <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Apr 1997 23:03:21 -0500
Hi all...

I have been just reading for a while.  I haven't made any posts lately.
Well, my mom, who is taking care of my ferrets until I move into my new
apartement, called me tonite and tole me Squid (my pretty male with a
gorgeous silver colored coat) has a large sore on his side.  I noticed one a
week or so ago, and it went away rather quickly.  She said he got another
one earlier this week, and it is already starting to heal.  But the one he
just got really concerns her.  She said it's about 1 inch long and 1/2 inch
wide.  He has chewed all of the hair off in the area.  It is near his left
front leg up clse to where it connects with the body.He chews and licks it,
as does my other ferret.  Once it starts to dry and he starts to run around,
it cracks open and he starts licking it again.  ANyway, I have no idea what
it is.  She doesn't want to put any topical cream on it until we have some
idea of what it is.  Soooo, if you have any ideas or have experienced it,
please E mail me directly.  I will be home this weekend, and I will get
there today.  I will check my e mail to get any hints on what to do.  I
really would appreciate it if any of the vets out there could drop me a line
with something to do for him.  I have yet to find a good vet for him and his
sister.

Thanks a bunch, hug a ferret!

Jess, Lady the toe biter and Squid the chubster!