From:
Alicia K Drakiotes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 1997 12:10:35 -0400
For those of you who have helped or are interested in Gabriel Ferret Wise--
we just recieved this note:

Hi Aunt Alicia,

I just want to let you know taht I'm doing better.  I'm not quite normal
like the other boys, but I sure am having a lot of fun.  I'm doing more
running around and less of that darn swimming junk.  I don't like water - NO
MORE!  I actually get my feet up under me and take real grown up steps.  I
learned how to run through the tubes and I like playing with the growed up
ferrets.  I made a new friend at Aunt Jeannie's house and I like to play
with him.  His name is Forrest Gimp and he had a broken leg once and he
tells me that I could probably run someday like him so I am going to try
real hard and practivce a lot!

Aunt Jeannie is going to make me a new dress to wear that will help me walk
even more better.  I'm sorry you aren't going to be able to come to the show
to see me.After all, that's what they threw this show for, isn't it?  So
everybody could come see me?  Mommy says I'm getting an ego (but I don't
even like waffles)!  I do like the maple syrup , however.  Anyways, I just
wanted to let you know that I am drinking that doctor's special Gabriel -
medicine and I think it's helping me.  Mom's gonna call and order another
bottle on Monday.  Even my friend Taz likes it.

I am glad you got to see me on TV.  That man kept pointing that big black
thing at me looking through it.  I tried to look thorugh the other end to
see if I could see him, but I couldn't.  But somehow he got my picture on
TV!  Actually, I think I was the handsomest one on the TV show.  (Mom says
there is that eggo again.) I can't wait to meet all my friends at the show.
Me and Mom are really looking forward to that.  Well, I gotta go now I have
pretty busy days.  Mom gets bored if I 'm not around.

Love,
Gabriel

Note:
(Gabriel is referring to the SVFC Ferret Frolic May 10th in Harrisburg, PA.
For those of you who want to meet him and evaluate his progress he will be
in residence at the FFUNY table ( Ferret Friends of Upper NY) with Mom Mary.)