From:
Irinia Turner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 1997 10:53:21 -0800
On my way to work this morning, I tuned in to KITS (Live 105) and the Alex
Bennet Program.  Since several of us wrote letters of complaint regarding
the CFL/Ferret incident, I've been waiting for something to happen.  As far
as I know, neither Roland West (programming) nor Alex Bennett has responded.

This morning, Alex was commenting to a caller saying that the police were
originally created to protect property and not people.  He went on to say
that if an officer concealed his weapon in his jacket instead of letting it
hang on his belt for all to see, that this officer would appear more
accessible to the general public.  A gentleman who works for the show, and
goes by the name of "Irish Greg" said, "I propose we take away guns and give
the police ferrets!" Alex said NOTHING.  Then "Irish Greg" commented that
the audience was full of "Ferret Lovers of America." Again, Alex said
nothing.

So, my conclusion is that even though Alex Bennett didn't respond to e-mail
and letters, we got through to him enough for him to realize he stepped into
a rather hot issue.  At least he had the common sense to keep his mouth shut
this time.