From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Feb 1997 14:28:50 -0500
Just wanting to double-check with you ferret experts on my food decision.
Spike, my eldest (MF, silver-mitt F, 3 yrs) has always been a little on the
runty-side.  She was weaned too early (needed milk the first couple of days
at the pet store) and has always been a very finicky eater with a preference
for being hand fed.  She only tolerates most ferret foods and ignores the
others.  I have tried a variety of ferret foods (except Totally Ferret,
which I can not find) and the ONLY one she likes is the Kaytee brand (she
*tolerates* a little Iams kitten food and the Sun Seed Ferret stuff).  It
has lots of chicken meal and soy is in the top 5 ingredients (top 4?) and I
have heard people say it is not great because it was developed for minks.
But given the fact that she LIKES this food and actively eats a healthy
amount -- which she has *never* done with any other food -- I am inclided to
go ahead and give it to her (I have been trying all the other ones over the
past year).  (She gets some Nutrical as well.) Am I making a big mistake???

I live in a FF zone (DC) so please post here on the FML.  I know that
everyone is very busy but I would appreciate a quick note very much.  Thanks
a million.

Daphne
H.R.H. Spike (she really is a fussy princess)
Rascal (the climber -- because its there)
Pookey Bear (HiYAAA!!  Bonzaiiii!!!!!!, "Dook Dook", Wham!!)