From:
Alicia K Drakiotes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 1997 00:35:39 -0500
Gabriel was delivered into the loving arms of his new Mom Mary on Sunday
afternoon.  Of course she was not allowed to have Gabriel unless he accepted
her as his.  Gabriel , tired from his journey looked up at Mary and gave her
several precious ferret kisses..  so it was sealed.  A new home for Gabriel
and a new life.

Mary has taken Gabriel for his first doctors visit.  They have him
continuing on anti-inflammatories to alleviate swelling on the spinal cord.
He has also started a hydro therapy program ( water therapy) to help build
up muscles in the legs and lower back.  We are ever hopeful that in time he
will be able to regain some use of his hind quarters.  I will happily update
the readers on Gabriel's progress... I am sure in time his new mom Mary will
also drop a note.  For the time being he is keeping pretty busy resting, and
rehabilitating.

Thanks to all who have assisted us thus far in Gabriel's plight.  Shelter
Dad and I have started building the commemorative buttons and they will be
in the mail over the weekend.

Fondly in ferrets,
Alicia
a shelter Mom