From:
Barbara Gustafson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Feb 1997 12:57:47 -0700
I just subscribed to the FML a couple of weeks ago and since then have spent
every free moment trying to catch up on the reading (a hopeless task).

I have never laughed or cried so much.  Captain Casey keeps me in stitches
and I've been following Gabriel's story on pins and needles.  I'm cannot
afford to help with donations but have been praying everyday for this brave
little soldier.  I have one question and one piece of advise.  I have three
ferts, the oldest being 9 1/2.  Exactly how long does a ferret live?  Also
please watch your ferts around hangers.  Boots my youngest (1and a bit) had
a metal hanger go through his stomach when he was about 6 months old.
Luckily he was not seriously hurt.  I now only use plastic hangers.  I
really feel like I've found a family at the FML (even though you don't know
me) its wonderful to know there are others out there who love their fuzzies
like I love my three.  I would be overjoyed to hear from anyone who wants to
talk ferts.  Write me at [log in to unmask]