From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Feb 1997 15:10:18 -0600
I've heard from Dick Bossart that his mascot ferret, Berret, has an
auto-immune disease and is very sick.  Please send healing thoughts and keep
Berret in your prayers (if you do pray).  Dick and I have worked closely on
several issues and I am blessed to count Dick and Joan among my friends.
They are both wonderful people and do so much for ferrets and their
guardians.  To email your wishes to Dick and Joan - [log in to unmask]

Skit - The other night I had a mild case of vertigo (as if I'm not dizzy
enough normally) so I was not as watchful with the ferrets as usual.  I had
just finished recipe feeding one of the ferrets and I left the empty platter
and half filled baby food jar on the carpet.  I was sitting on the futon.
Skit came into the living room and looked at the empty platter and partially
filled jar.  He ever so gently picked up the jar and brought it to me and
just as gently sat it down by my feet without spilling a drop.  He then
looked up at me as if to say "Would you please fill the platter for me".  I
was amazed!  Tears sprang to my eyes as I sat open mouthed, but only for a
few seconds before I poured the recipe into the platter.  Skit promptly
lapped up his recipe!  Oh how I love these adorable intelligent creatures.

Hugs to all and please keep Berret in your thoughts and prayers.  tle