From:
Michael McGhie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Feb 1997 15:14:20 -0900
Hello Everybody,

>From:    Karyn Otta <[log in to unmask]>
>My two babies are about 14 weeks and they will not touch treats.  They just
>look at raisins and walk off, and they have no interest in Ferretone!

Karyn, my two babies, Kiska and Littles are 22 weeks now and I went through
a period where they wouldn't take any treat.  I tried those Bandits ferret
treats, others that I can't remember the name but they wouldn't touch any of
them.  Won't touch Ferratone.  I heard people giving fruit such as
watermelon, apples, pears etc.  but they wouldn't take them so then I tried
applesauce.  They freaked big time!  They love the stuff.  I also gave them
asparagus I think (don't know how to cook???) but they look like little
trees.  They like milk but due to the lactose I got them milk made from
brown rice called Rice dream and they love drinking that.  I only give that
to them as a treat though due to there not accepting the general treats.  I
also found for some reason that if they can work for a treat literally they
will take it.  Last night Littles was exploring on my computer desk and
found the carton of treats.  The smell of them he liked so I just opened the
lid and he started eating a couple of them.  It was funny because they both
hate the things.  Well I hope that this helps you out....

                                Take care, Michael