From:
Rochelle Newman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 1997 15:53:12 -0500
Meg wrote...
>Bob (Mo' Bob) writes quite a bit about the os penis in ferrets and boners in
>other animals (giggle).  I would add a comment or two - I don't think most
>have to worry about your ferret's getting "hung up" on wire cages if they
>are neutered, although anything is possible.

Just to join in the debate - its definately possible.  "Getting hung up" can
happen to alters as well as males, and can happen even if you don't use a
wire cage.  My (late-altered) male once got, errr, "stuck" trying to climb
out of my desk - the ferrets had taken over my lower drawer as a hidey-hole
*long* before, and had never had any problems - until one day when . . ..
Apparently, Falstaff was in a bit more of a hurry to get to the litter box
than usual, tried to wiggle out the back of the drawer too quickly, and got
caught on the edge of the drawer in his haste.  Just goes to show you - with
ferrets, ANYTHING is possible.  (well, almost anything - at least this is
one danger that can *only* happen to 50% of the ferret population <grin>)

-rochelle