From:
Judith White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Feb 1997 10:53:12 -0000
I am fostering two ferrets whom my daughter and I call Benny and Joon (she's
a Johnny Depp fan), and I need to find a patient ferret person to adopt
them.  Both have pleasant personalities, but Benny is having a lot of
trouble learning to use the litter box.  It's not just that he chooses his
own corner; he often goes wherever he is.  He seems to be too busy to notice
or stop what he is doing.  Other times he will trot for the papers like he
knows what they are for, and he even uses the paper when he gets there!

Benny and Joon were found abandoned in an apartment and taken to the Morris
Animal Shelter, which transferred them to our local ferret shelter.  The
shelter owner is swamped at the moment and knew I had the time to work with
the little ones.  We think they are about 9 mos old, and we think they
probably lived on cedar bedding so that Benny never learned the difference
between litter and a floor.  Joon, on the other hand, is one of those tidy
girls who always goes in the exact same corner of the box every time, and
she has no trouble remembering where the litter boxes are in the ferrets'
room.

I am now in a family situation which requires a lot of my time, so spending
at least an hour total each day waiting for Benny to poop and then pee in a
confined area where I can work on training him is becoming a chore that
takes away from time with my own 9 fuzzies.  I have promised my husband I
will not adopt more ferrets (7 are adopted), so he is willing to let me
foster some when the shelter needs help.

Benny and Joon are both sables.  Joon is very dark and has one of the
softest coats I've ever touched.  Both like to play with people, but Benny
is the one who will follow you around and who likes to be held.  Benny gets
along instantly with all ferrets; Joon likes some females better than
others.

I live west of Philadelphia in Drexel Hill, near I-95, the Blue Route, Route
1 and Route 3.  If you are interested in adopting both ferrets, please
e-mail me at [log in to unmask] or call 610-446-8036.

Judith and the Fur Posse