From:
Jeff Doane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 1997 13:22:37 -0500
I have just joined FERRET and am a happy owner of two great ferrets.  Here
is some quick info on my two terrors.

        Albino (Female)
Jasper is 8 Months old and I bought her 3 months ago.
Spade and Descented
very independent

        Sable (Male)
Tyke is 5 Months old and I bought him 2 months ago.
Neutered and Descented
very dependent on me and Jasper

They both live in a large two level cage (Length 3 feet, Width 2 feet,
Height 2 1/2 feet) during nights.  When i am home they are free to roam and
do what ferrets do, can I trust the little fuzz-balls at night, should I
leave them out while I snooze.  I have one concern that i would like to
voice and maybe someone could help me.  When I purchased Tyke he was quite
small for a ferret, he was labeled the runt of the litter.  He had a rather
chubby rear end, and now 2 months later he still has a chubby rear.  He is
the same length as Jasper but twice her weight.  Is this because he is a
runt, or just because he is still young and will grow out of it.  I have
heard that it is unhealthy for your pets to be overweight and if this is the
case I would like to do something before it becomes more and more difficult
to do so.

I have one more quick question of less importance.  Both of my little
critters don't enjoy baths and grip there nails into my forarms for there
dear lives.  Is it hopless or is there a way I could make a bath fun for
them and make them want to take one.  I have followed the guidlines to how
much water and temperature of the water.  If anyone has a weired way or
anything that they do to make bath time exciting and fun please help.

Thanks all!!!

            Jeff Doane
            Jasper & Tyke Say hi to everyone!
            ONLY TWO POINTS OUT OF A PLAYOFF SPOT, WHOA?!?!
            "GO SENS GO!"