From:
Tanya M Vestal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Feb 1997 14:45:44 -0600
Allergies - My mom has hideous allergies, including pet dander.  She has to
wash her hands immediately after touching a cat/dog, and can't have them by
her face.  She also can't have them in the house, due to the dander floating
around.  But Bongo lived with them for almost a year, and Mom never had a
problem.  She can pick them up and hold them (not too close to her face)
without any problems.  Maybe ferrets aren't quite as dander-y as cats and
dogs??  (although ours sure have been itchy lately)

Neck bumps - Bongo got her first shots in her neck, and she does have a
little bump there now.  The vet wasn't familiar with ferrets, and I know it
hurt Bongo a lot.  (she munched on the vet) Now they get their shots in the
butt, and it goes a lot smoother.

Teeth grinding - I've noticed Bongo grinds her teeth every once in a while,
either while she's eating, or right after she wakes up and yawns.  I know
this can be a sign of ulcers.  She doesn't show any signs of feeling sick or
being run down.  Actually, she played almost all morning - halfway through,
she got bored and began a methodical destruction of the apartment.  So she's
not tired or lacking energy.  Her eyes are bright, and her coat is shiny and
healthy.  Should she be checked out, or is occasional grinding okay?

Tanya