From:
Tanya M Vestal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 1997 12:38:39 -0600
Hi all!  I just caught up on four days' worth of e-mail, so if I repeat
something someone else already said...sorry!

grass rugs - We have one of these - I got it at Target for about $3.  I
think it was called dragon grass, or something.  Very scratchy.  Bongo
loves this.  She rolls around on it, dooking and hissing.  I've timed her
- she's rolled around on it for as long as 10 minutes!  Boomer, however,
thinks she's nuts.  He watched her doing it once, and walked over to
check out the rug.  He sniffed it, sneezed, shook his head and walked away.

Iams food - This is what we feed our ferts.  The purple bag, for kittens.
According to everything I've read, ferrets need approx.  35% protein in
their food.  I believe Iams Kitten has "not less than 34%".  Both of ours
have eaten this since we got them, and they are both healthy and active,
with soft, thick coats.  I've looked for Totally Ferret, but no one carries
it.  We have a Pet Food Warehouse, and they could order it, but it's a
little too spendy.  I tried MF food once, but I think it's too soft - their
teeth got really cruddy.

harmonicas - Bongo and Boomer don't seem to be bothered by the high notes.
I thought of that, and tried it, but it didn't seem to faze them.  (It sent
my uncle's dog behind the deep freeze, though!) I was playing along with
Bobby Joe the other day, and learned the first few bars of "Shenandoah".  I
thought I was doing pretty well, until Boomer planted his front paws on my
chest, hissed at me, and grabbed the harmonica!  He was heading under the
couch with it (my SO would flip if he knew, this is no cheap harmonica),
when he sneezed, and accidentally played a note!  It scared the bejeezus out
of him, and he took off running so fast, he smashed right into the wall.
Then he scooted under the couch and stuck his head out.  I was laughing so
hard, it hurt!  Bongo walked up in front of him and did a little dance and
dooked at him - I'm pretty sure she was laughing at him.  After a while, he
came out, a little sheepish, but okay.

Tanya
Boomer ("I meant to do that...")
Bongo ("Ha! You're no Bobby Joe!")